Saturday, April 30, 2016

A CW contest surprise!

I was reading a fellow blogger Bob VA3QV post about the CQ WW CW 2015 contest and how he did in the contest. It got me thinking to head over to see how I did, I gave a rather part time effort and the conditions were not all that great...surprise surprise. Since moving into the condo I have not been giving the CW contests the effort I have in the past. I entered the contest Single op, QRP single band (15m). I read the results with shock........1st place in Canada, 10th in North America and 29th in the world. I was pleasantly surprised.

4 comments:

Burke Jones - N0HYD said...

Great job!

VE9KK said...

Good morning Burke, thanks very much.
73, Mike

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Well done Mike. Ik like those CQWW certificates. They are digital and clear. Have a couple of them. And can always download them on the CQWW page. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Good evening Bas, I thing this is a much better way to go for the certs. Soon after the contest they are out and ready for the download.
Have a good week Bas.
73, Mike