Sunday, October 26, 2014

Things are very slow on the bands

I have been on the radio now and then this past week the only one there was me and the static, there is nothing wrong with the K3 or the antenna the wrong has been the atmospheric conditions.  This weekend alone there have been 3 M class solar flares not making those in the CQ SSB contest happy campers. Not saying there is no DX out there as I have been reading from fellow bloggers and there has been some DX contacts but for me it's just not there. I was on the radio today and was not able to even raise U.S contacts just south of the boarder.
Lets hope the conditions some what improve this week…..

2 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi Mike, Saturday I was participating the contest with 100 watts, but it was hard to work stations. Now back to QRP that's more fun. Maybe propagation was not that good. Now I left phone for a long time. It' s not my prefered mode. 73 Paul PC4T

VE9KK said...

Good to hear from you Paul, if you were having a challenge with 100 watts then me with only 5 watts max it would had been a real challenge. Have a good week.
Mike