Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Elecraft KX3 has a pulse........

KX3 serial number 1990
The KX3 is all together now and there was some bumps in the road and I will share them in a later post. I still have to calibrate the roofing filter I will be using my Elecraft XG2 to do this but this may have to wait for another day. I have been hidden away in my radio room for a day and a half. The build took longer as I was videoing the process. The video will be divided up into segments of the build........see how it turns out.

4 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi Mike, good job. I am curious about your videos. Good luck! 73 Paul

VE9KK said...

Good evening Paul, I am going to take my time on the video as I am not to familiar with editing and merging different recordings. I also have my hands full with running the KX3 on a Mac OS that I am not at all knowledgeable on. But life is all about learning.

HamRadioIreland said...

Mike, good luck with the KX3. I look forward to seeing your videos. EI2KC

VE9KK said...

Good morning Anthony, I have been spending my evenings getting the KX3 setup with software updates, menu setups and finally this is going to be a rig that runs with my Mac software. That sure has been a learning curve as up to this point all my rigs have been windows. As for the videos I have been also getting my mind around that with Imovie in the Mac software suite. Great to see all the new DXCC's you have been getting as well. I guess the book is done now hope that is working out well for you.